MOCK TRIAL: A Continuing Education Program for Physicians and Trial Attorneys
Friday, March 15, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
Breakfast & Lunch Included
Forrestal Hotel & Conference Center
900 Scudders Mill Rd, Plainsboro NJ
Through a mock trial that uses actual physicians, defense attorneys, plaintiff attorneys and a former judge, participants will be provided the opportunity to learn first hand about the unique aspects of a medical malpractice trial. Through engaging in a simulated trial, physicians will learn what to expect if they are ever involved with a case that goes to trial, as well as important riskmanagement strategies to help minimize the risks of claims and litigation. Attorneys attending the course will learn effective trial techniques and strategies, methods for direct and cross-examination, and methods of preparation to allow for an impressive case presentation.
At the end of this seminar, physician participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the roles of physician, physician assistant and nurse practitioner in supervising and collaborating patient care.
2. Discuss the importance of provider-to-provider communication and provider-to-patient/family communication.
3. Employ constructive strategies that will ensure that the physician is a key participant in his/her defense once the legal action has been initiated.
At the end of this seminar, attorney participants will be able to:
1. Evaluate techniques for presenting evidence to a jury.
2. Discuss ethical quandaries relating to preparation of witness testimony.
3. Analyze strategies for working with and presenting expert witnesses.
Paul Schaaff, Esq., Orlovsky, Moody, Schaaff, Conlon & Gabrysiak, LLC; Joseph Lang, Esq., Lenox, Socey,Wilgus, Formidoni, Brown, Giordano & Casey, LLC; Michael Ricciardulli, Esq., Ruprecht, Hart,Weeks & Ricciardulli, LLP; Robert Evers, Esq., Marshall, Dennehey,Warner, Coleman & Goggin, PC; the Honorable Carol Ferentz; Kenneth Granet, MD; Jeffrey Osofsky, MD, and Edward Julie, MD. Moderated by Steve Adubato, PhD.
Register online at www.MDAdvantageonline.com under “upcoming seminars.”
“Choosing insurance is a tremendous responsibility, and we are delighted to assist in that process. We consider your needs personally, and intelligently.”